Monday, April 16, 2007

"Assignment One"- Identity Activity by AZU



Azu:
I chose to represent some of my personal traits by playing with the elements of these two compositions.

The image reflects two aspects of my identity. How I see myself and how I think others see myself.

On one side, the metal bars represent a crowd, I am part of it. Nonetheless, I keep myself true to my own beliefs; and I may look different than others. But with the second image, an abstract monotype, I want to show that I enjoy sharing my world with others as the monotype touches all the other bars in the crowd.

Others may see me as a person that likes to reflect on things before acting. A thinker, the iIndependent and, at the same time, a bit wild person, just as a cat; Maybe absent and keeping quietly to myself as cats seem to do.

Sue Rudland

PS the four pieces I used in this composition are my own works.




Two images like a diptych are here; one is an abstraction of four poles of vibrant colors and line and the other is a sepia image of Sue at a table with a cat facing in the same direction as she, and larger than life. The first image seems to be a pen and and ink, and the other seems to be two photographs. 
The vibrancy of the one piece draws my attention but the second one's detail makes me take a second look.
Perhaps this work is related to abstraction, on one hand, and of course photography.
I think that the artist is expressing herself, but often finds differences in herself. Sometimes vibrant and energetic, and other times calm and pensive, but these are things that go together well for her.
I think that each of these work well independantly, and their differences also create more meaning when put together as a diptych.

No comments: